Some interesting panels today with big name speakers yielded some quotes to consider:
- TV-Everywhere implementation costs are a rounding error compared to annual programming costs.
- Services you receive from your Service Provider should be available when you want, on all your CE devices.
- Cord cutting is not about content, it’s about billing and account relationships.
- Surveys show the highest subscriber awareness levels (25%) for TV-Everywhere service was at U-Verse.
- TV-E services are consumed 75% on mobile/tablet and 25% on console/Smart TV.
- Time-critical content (March Madness, Olympics) drives 1st-time TV-E exposure, which then increases recurring usage.
- For service providers, Value-Added Services IS THE BUSINESS now.
Great capture, Kurt. My take aways paralleled many of these. Also notable … 6B connected devices in homes by year end 2012, explosively growing to 13.5B by 2013.